Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Norwalk Oyster Festival

Norwalk Oyster Festival is like an American "mela" held every year in Norwalk just before summer oficially ends. It is an excellent place to have a family picnic. This year it was during the weekend from September 9 to September 11. The fair was close to South Norwalk downtown, ~5min walk from my place. Initially, I was not at all inclined to go there -- what to do all alone in a fair where I don't know
anyone? But then on Saturday, after listening to Radio Teentaal for almost 4 hrs, I finally got bored of listening to music and decided to go for the festival.

The place was really well set up. They had a whole bunch of stuff for ppl of all ages. For kids/teens they had swings/rides, some comparable to the rides one finds in big theme parks (see picture). That was cool. For the ladies they had shopping stalls selling some rare and cool stuff. For the guys they had the beer stalls and hot dog center close by. So they catered all :) They had three stages where live bands played popular songs. At the main stage, the band played county classics. The older and family folks really liked those. I hadn't heard any of the songs, but the music was good. At another stage they had different local bands playing soft rock, some really nice tunes. I was at this stage for the entire 4 hrs that I was at the festival. They even had something like a dance stage. Really missed you guys. Was watching other ppl dance. Even the really old folks were dancing at the 60s tunes(that was a bit funny for I don't think any of our parents will be able or willing to dance when they are of that age). Heard HOODOO, The Short Bus and a jaaz band. The jaaz band was my favourite.(I have some videos, will send them some time later)


Remembered Clive and Kavin a lot when I was at the HD exhibition (see photos).

Overall it was a welcome break for me. I saw ppl out in the open in Norwalk for a change.

(tried to keep this post short this time)
http://www.fairfieldcountyonline.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home