Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Around the corner I have a friend....

This one really seems true, eventhough we are too young... :)

------------
*Around the corner I have a friend,*
*In this great city that has no end,*
*Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,*
*And before I know it, a year is gone.*
*And I never see my old friends face,*
*For life is a swift and terrible race,*
*He knows I like him just as well,*
*As in the days when I rang his bell.*
*And he rang mine but we were younger then,*
*And now we are busy, tired men.*
*Tired of playing a foolish game,*
*Tired of trying to make a name.*
*"Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on Jim*
*Just to show that I'm thinking of him."*
*But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,*
*And distance between us grows and grows.*
*Around the corner, yet miles away,*
*"Here's a telegram sir," "Jim died today."*

*And that's what we get and deserve in the end.*
*Around the corner, a vanished friend.*
*Remember to always say what you mean.*
*If you love someone, tell them.*
*Don't be afraid to express yourself.*
*Reach out and tell someone what they mean to you.*
*Because when you decide that it is the right time*
*it might be too late.*
*Seize the day.*
*Never have regrets.*
*And most importantly, stay close to your friends*
*and family, for they have helped make you the person that you are today.*

2 Comments:

Blogger SAL said...

Thanx all of you for being there...! You are my family away from home & I'll need you everyday.

Monday, February 13, 2006 1:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a sweet one!...very well written!...honestly, I was looking around the poem to see if its a lyric of some song....well written...well written!!!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home